Babar breaks silence on alleged dressing-room spat with Shaheen

Shaheen Afridi and Babar Babar Azam
Pakistan captain Babar Azam has denied rumours of rift with star pacer Shaheen Shah Afridi during the pre-departure press conference ahead of the ICC World Cup 2023 in India.

Azam said that the entire team is like a family after reports in local media stated that the duo had a fight in the team meeting following Pakistan's exit from the Asia Cup 2023.

“Everyone respects each other in the team,” Azam said. “It was a normal meeting but it was portrayed as if we had a fight. There was no such thing as we love each other like a family.”

“I’m very excited to play in Ahmedabad. It is the biggest stadium in the world and will be jam-packed for the India-Pakistan clash,” he said. “I will try to perform to the best of my ability. I can’t exactly tell you how I will do since I’m not an astrologer.”

“I’m not worried about my performance. I always try to perform in a manner which suits the team,” he added.

“We want to improve our fielding and do better in the middle overs,” he said. “You can’t be perfect as there is always room for improvement. I know we didn’t perform in accordance with expectations during the Asia Cup but we will try to do better during the World Cup.”

“We are not only thinking about getting into the top four as our target is to be the number one side,” he added.

“I trust my team more than myself. These are the same players who helped Pakistan become the number one side. I know that these players will give their all for the team,” he said.

The ICC World Cup 2023 will take place in India with 10 teams fighting for the elusive title across 10 venues from October 5 to November 19, with the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad hosting the tournament opener and the final.

 


via Original Source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shahid Afridi welcomes Virat Kohli's interest in visiting Pakistan

Eat to beat high cholesterol

How to pick a good Watermelon?